RMP's Nepal Program and our partnership with the Namsaling Community Development Center was officially recognized by EWB-USA in July 2013. Every July the RMP team conducts a "Year in Review" to both celebrate accomplishments and identify areas of improvement. Here are the highlights from July 2014 - June 2015:
- Successful implementation of the Khosli Dhara Spring Source Protection in partnership with NCDC and the Khosli Dhara User's Committee.
- Sent 4 RMP members to Ilam, Nepal to implement Khosli Dhara with a total of about 1 month RMP presence in the community.
- Submission of 10+ EWB-USA documents to support implementation and upcoming (2015) assessment trip.
- NCDC reports that the Khosli Dhara User's Group is extremely happy with the completed spring! Due to the increased capture and storage capabilities of the new spring, the flow rate through the system has at least doubled.
- Due to the excess of water the User Committee has opened use of the spring to any public user, not only the 100 nearby households which are formal members of the Khosli Dhara User's Group.
Membership and team updates:
- Increased to bi-weekly meetings (one general meeting plus one "social" or more informal meeting).
- Tripled number of actively engaged members.
- RMP members attended in the EWB National Conference (October, 2014), held leadership positions in the EWB-USA Mountain Region group, and participated in multiple regional events.
- Nearly $5,000 raised by private donations.
- > $500 raised through membership dues, ongoing fundraisers.
- Co-hosted the EWB Film Festival with the CU-Boulder Student Chapter.
- Volunteered at the 2015 BolderBoulder.
- note: >$10,000 in EWB-USA grants awarded during our previous year were applied to projects implemented in 2014-2015!
Thank you to all the RMP members who have worked hard to make 2014-2015 a great year for the team! And of course none of this would be possible without the support of our generous donors. So, to all of you who have attended an event or donated to our team, THANK YOU!!
Be a part of an even bigger 2015-2016 year! Go to our "Involvement" page for more info on how to join RMP, or check out our "Donate" page to support our upcoming assessment and implementation of a new spring source!